Sunday, January 17, 2010

One small change



I have taken up the challenge put forward by hipmountainmama to make one small change for the planet each month between now and Earth Day (April 22, 2010)

I already have a pile of idea's of things I will try and incorporate into my routine, but this months idea has been needed for a long time.
- to compost food scraps!

I had my worm composter going strong for the past year. While we were apartment dwellers it was very important to me to keep it monitored. However when we moved to a house this summer I left the worms outside in the backyard and didn't really drain it properly and check it the same. I know I am a worm murderer. but maybe not. I will check it tomorrow and see what the damage is.

I am going to empty out the old "earth machine" read big black composter the city sells each spring, that was left here by the previous tenets and see if I can use it!

One thing I don't understand is why the spell-check does not recognise the word composter??? How environmentally unfriendly! - but it also doesn't accept homeschooling as a word either- go figure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment