Sunday, February 6, 2011

Toys From Trash



When I was a kid I used to play string games with my sister and class mates all the time, at recess, on the school bus. Unlike skipping ropes, which were relegated to the girls, everyone played the clapping games. I was searching through a website I had bookmarked as "Toys From Trash" when I came across this string butterfly and it reminded me of those games!

String games and hand clapping games like " see see my play mate" or "miss sue from Alabama" What kids did before ipods and Nintendo's I guess ;)

This page has links to dozens of fun and educational activities, and a whole section called Toys from Trash. It is a great resource! I can't recall where I first heard of it, most likely the homeschooling list I subscribe to as it has inspired and informed me of so many things too numerous count.


No comments:

Post a Comment